Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blogging My Life Away!

Well, I did it! I got my very own blog! I have been reading many blogs and getting great craft ideas, recipes and cheap d.i.y projects! (my favourite) I thought I should get a blog too, and share some of my ideas, and have an area to post the projects I have created as well!

Plain and simple : I am cheap. I am trying to save as much as I can for the future, so I am trying to save a few bucks here and there, and to not spend like crazy! I love to craft and get creative so I thought I should be making my own accessories for the house! Lately my creative juices have been flowing, and I am spending a lot of time at thrift stores, dollarstores, and liquidation stores! (and I have been finding a lot of great stuff too!) Here have been a few of my finds!

This vase was .79 cents! What a little paint can do! ( and dollarstore sticks!) = LOVE

I found this sign for $2.99 and thought I could do something with it! Now there is a nice sign on the bathroom door!

I changed this dollarstore birdhouse into a nice sign for my Herb garden! Paint paint paint!

I added a little scrapbook paper, and paint and voila! love!

Same with a dollarstore tray!

Now this I found on the Dollarstore Crafts website and fell in love!
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2009/05/necklace-holder/

Here is my version!
I think it turned out really well! lovelovelove!

I have so much more stuff I have still to work on, so there will be plenty more posts! Craft your day away!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have really dollar store crafted it up!! Everything looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete