Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall wreath and other odds and ends

I had a great weekend! Saturday Aries and I went thrifting! Lets just say we are bad influences on eachother and spent waaaaaaaay too much money! But it was all worth it! I found some great things and can't wait to transform them! We also went to the dollarstore and Michael's (My first time there!) Now that place could be dangerous! hahahahah. Anyway I picked up some stuff to make a fall wreath. (4 from dollarstore with the acorns and the 4 wheat ones from Michael's and they were 50% off)

 
I put it all together and made this. I think however, it needs something more. It looks a little empty.
 
I have been busy crafting through the week as well but haven't had a chance to post anything new. Let's see.
 
Here is my $2.99 stool very orange. with gold glitter in it! hahahahah 
 
I wrapped it in burlap and spray painted the legs. love!
 
I got this beauty for .99! As well as this:

Spray painted them black and white....
  
love! (I also love the beautiful picture Mike's sister painted of our house)
 
I had this guy sitting in my living room and spray painted it as well....
 
  
And I found this at the dollarstore and thought of Ben right away. hahahah So I painted over that, and stenciled his name on it, and now it sits above his bed.
 
I am very happy with all the transformations and have more stuff to work on this week.
I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Great finds/fixes! I LOVE the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashley...

    Ohhh...what great treasure finds! I love your autumn wreath...it has that simple elegance...love it!!! What a great idea...to cover that darling little stool with burlap...burlap sure has an autumny feel to it also...don't you think? Love your freshly painted candleholder and little bird...what a pretty vignette you made with them! The black and white is really stunning and so classic...love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing your pretties with us today...I can tell that you are a very creative and talented lady!!!

    Warmest wishes and Happy Fall!
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath! :) I have the same pheasant bird :) Got it at a thrift store too :)
    Take care - Alyshia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the wreath looks perfect as is. It is simple and understated and very welcoming. Great thrift finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great finds.


    I hope you will come by for a visit.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time reader here, love those cute quick little projects- they turned out fantastic! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog...I know I'll be back! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my blogroll. Feel free to check mine out if you'd like...just remember that I'm new to this still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot even tell you how excited I am to see you tomorrow.
    Seriously though.

    ReplyDelete