Friday, March 16, 2012

Frugal Friday : Cardboard Bracelet

I originally saw this idea on pinterest with a paper towel roll. I wondered how it would be sturdy enough to be a bracelet so I passed on saving it to my boards. One day at school I was working in a classroom and needed some tape. The teacher handed me a roll but it was pretty close to empty. I used what was left and proceeded to put the empty roll in my pocket...without the teacher seeing of course...I didn't want her to think I was crazy! Anyway, I made a cute bracelet...and it cost zero dollars (I had the yarn on hand already)

 I started by hot gluing the beginning of the yarn on the empty roll
 ....and just wrapped it all around...
 and glued the end of the yarn to the inside of the bracelet.
 What do you think?!
 do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a bracelet on yourself? hahahah
I love free, pretty things!!

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Love It! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture you walking around with the cardboard in your pocket. You crazy girl! The bracelet is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete