Friday, March 9, 2012

Frugal Friday : Tin Cans

Today is my first post on my frugal ways. This project ended up being a new favourite of mine!! All you need are tin cans...and birch bark! (and glue of course) I found this bark on a tree that had fallen over in November of last year...I was glad I found it! I would never take it off a live tree, and thought I could do something with it for sure!
 I just ripped the first layer off the bark

 and wrapped it around the can. Then glued into place
 I didn't want to waste the rest of the bark, of course...so I decided to make some cute tags!

 With the rest of bark I have in the shed, I thought tags like this would be cute!
 I love how they turned out!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I am in love with these! I have some tin cans I've been saving and I *have* to do this. These would go great as accents at my rustic wedding reception. Thanks for sharing! Now to find some birch bark. :)

    Becca - www.thesassypenguin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the cans and I have a huge birch tree on the ground. I have done several projects with the birch tree so far including this one here. Here is the tutorial with the same project on the table with candles. There are additional links to other birch projects I completed at the site. The birch tree is a great resource.

    ReplyDelete