Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekly Nursery Update!

Another week has gone by and we have done more work to the nursery! It is coming closer and closer to decorating time!! I can't wait!

This week mom and dad snuck in while Mike and I were at prenatal class and finished the wallpaper!! I didn't notice until the next day...it was pretty funny. It looks amazing! Lovelovelove it!

We also ordered our crib and dresser. They were both on sale which was a bonus and why we jumped on them so fast! We chose espresso! Here they are:
 I also bought an espresso cube and need to get some sort of storange boxes for it!
 
They have these colours at Home Depot for the fabric boxes but I am still not 100% sure if I want fabric or some type of wicker one!




 

Mike had a rain day and painted the ceiling and window trim! It is so white, and definitely needed to be repainted after 5 years of living here! It looks great!

I picked up all the paint this week too. We decided to go with a dark chocolate floor paint and the lighter aqua colour for the walls. I am excited to get this done!!!

so, that is a lot of progress for the week, don't you think?! Here is my to-do list from last week:

  1. painting the ceiling (just white)
  2. painting the walls ( light aqua)
  3. painting the floor ( thinking dark brown...the crib and accessories will be espresso and the carpet will be white. Thought that might look nice...
  4. paint the trim, window and door frame!  
  5. screen the door 
It is looking more and more like a room now!!! Horray!!!

Ashley



4 comments:

  1. You rock, Ashley! You have been busy this summer. You are so talented. Your house is beautiful. Amazing what a vision and some creative thinking can do. Want to come here and lend a little inspiration? You could hire yourself out for consultations! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does your wallpaper look like? I have white storage cubes like that and have the fabric bins - I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it. I used the exact same storage cube organizer as that in my boy's room. Another option for bins is those plastic organizers that come with three bins (drawers). Target has them in blue, green and pink. I bought those and they are clear enough to see toys, but still colorful in the room. Let me know if you want a picture and I'll send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much you guys! I am so excited to decorate! I love doing it! :) The wallpaper is paintable stripe wallpaper. I have never heard of bins like that, but there are no Targets in Canada, yet anyway! Although i am thinking of making a trip to a Target soon!!

    ReplyDelete