Monday, April 22, 2013

Felt Heart Mobile

I had an idea to make a cute fabric mobile for a while. I found the tutorial HERE and cut out two butterflies! They were way too time consuming! I then decided on a nice and easy heart. I cut eight hearts out of each piece of felt. I had six sheets of felt so I had 48 hearts.

I got an embroidery hoop and tied some embroidery thread to it. I had 3 long and three shorter strings.
 I then put a strip of hot glue down the center of the heart and stuck the embroidery thread there.
I then glued around the edges of the heart and attached a different colour on top!

I added some strands of the pompom garland I made not too long ago. I couldn't find a home for it! I literally used a needle and thread to make the garland!
 On the strands with hearts I added blue glass beads. I tied big knots but also added glue since it would be above my daughters head!

And here it is! 
 Every time I change her I move it around and she stares at it, amazed. I wonder what she thinks all the time! She loves it!
I hung it in our downstairs change area!
This was a cheap and easy project...and I think it turned out pretty well! It is definitely Adalyn's favourite project!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment