Friday, August 21, 2009

Old Windows.

Well I went thrifting today after work, and I got 4 things. Nothing too exciting! But all four things were less than $4.00! hahahaha There is not much here for thrifting though, I am going to have to take a trip down to a way bigger city!

I came right home and started working on the table I was talking about painting yesterday!

Here was the before:



The top was pretty rough. I tried sanding it, but the lines were really deep. So I decided to do this instead:



I just glued an extra placemat on top, and I love it. It is not a big drastic change, but I think it looks pretty good. I also painted it brown! Not bad at all.

And my other project today was....

This old window!



There were two of them in mom and dads garage sale and I scooped them up before they sold. Ma and Pa tried sanding and stipping them but they were in pretty bad shape and that is as far as they got. So of course, I had to paint over all their hard work...added a little bit of excitment...and BAM!



I love it! I think it looks great! I dont know where to hang it yet, but I will post where I decided to put it when it is up!

Don't you just love the feeling you get when you make something you love?!

2 comments:

  1. the table looks even better in real life!
    i am bummed you will have less posts. stupid school!
    xoxo
    ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ts!!!
    I think it looks pretty good too!
    Will I get to see you before you go back?!

    ReplyDelete