Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My $2 art.

I saw this over at MX Momma and put it away in my to-do folder. I decided to only do one part of it though!

First I picked up this canvas at the dollarstore for $2! Yes I know, $2! It is now a dollarama PLUS. booo
 
Anyway I traced the letters on the canvas with pen
 
And started painting away!
 
  
I made a few mistakes on the way, but thats ok no one will see it. (oh, I also re-traced the letters with permanent marker.) next comes...
 
glaze and paint..and voila
 
All you need is love. I think it would look really nice framed as well.

Oh I also made this yesterday.
 
This cute little pin cushion. Recognize the lace sister? hahahahha
I love it.


I'm linking up to




6 comments:

  1. excellant painting, I love it. and making your own pin cuchion i've never ought of that, that's why i have to keep stalking you.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great sign! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sign, I love the contrast of colors, and the bold font. good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it turned out great. love the colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crazy about signs too! Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it & you can't beat that price for art! Thanks for sharing at POPP!

    ReplyDelete