Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hi friends!! Wow, I haven't blogged in a while. I think that is about to change though because....
a) I have a new project I am working on which I will show you in a minute. (And I am excited about)
b) I have March Break coming up in two weeks and don't have to work..even at my other job!!
c) I don't have the winter "blahs" anymore!! Maybe it is all this sunshine!

So anyway, I have a project on the go...slowly....as I am trying to save for the wedding!! It is the upstairs hallway! I want to make a little reading nook! Here was the hallway when we moved in.
And here is the hallway after we painted it
Unfortunately we are not getting rid of the lovely orange and gold carpet. It's not a big deal to me anyway!
It's not a big area, so I basically want a chair and book shelf. There are already chocolate brown curtains there right now. I forgot to take a picture of how the hall was until the other day. I had a table in front of the window...it looked nice...but I bought a black cube bookcase and this was the only place I could find room for it. So i thought to myself..."Why not make a reading nook?!" I can see a big white comfty chair in the corner! Can't you?! Anyway, I will update you on the progress and as I add things to the space! I am excited!!

And I promise to blog more often now!!




4 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS wanted a reading nook. It is the ultimate indulgence, a space for nothing but reading, pondering and dreaming.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome back to blogging! I can't wait to see how this project turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a reading nook at my house, and even though i dont read alot i do sit there with my laptop or look through home decore magazines! You will loooove it, and i know it will look great because all of your stuff always does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you paint over the wallpaper or did you soak it off first? I ask because, my family and I are getting ready to buy a house and it has a couple rooms with border and wallpaper. ;)

    ReplyDelete