Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Playroom Update

We have been busy over here working on this play room. I am pretty excited about how far we have come already! I did say I wanted it to be done quickly!!!!

I don't have a picture of the room before (when we used it as our "bedroom") but I did manage to find some older pictures!

Here is one from soon after we moved in...we called it the "junk room" for a reason! (How embarrassing!)
And here it is as my craft room (before we moved it to the other side!) So everything was the same as in this photo (paint, curtains, carpet) there was a just a bed against the wall next to the window, a dresser and play pen! Try to imagine it....

And here it is after the wallpaper and paint!!!!
Doesn't it look like a different room? I have to thank my amazing parents AGAIN for putting up wallpaper for me! They worked very hard and I really appreciate everything they did! We were planning on just wallpapering the one wall but we had enough paper to do the entire room. (There was still a little left over from Adalyn's room)  

Of course after I painted I had to move all her toys in there...so here it is now with the toys in there:
We have already played in there so much!! She loves it!
I can't wait to decorate and hang some shelves and art!!!

Here was the to-do list I posted last week
  • wallpaper walls
  •  paint ceiling, trim and walls
  • build cube shelves
  • build ABC foam mat
  • buy, paint and hang shelves
  • make chalkboard
  • buy and hang window film 
  • decorate
and here is our current list:

Our current to-do list:
  • wallpaper walls
  •  paint ceiling, trim and walls
  • build cube shelves
  • build ABC foam mat
  • buy, paint and hang shelves
  • make chalkboard
  • buy and hang window film  (we aren't doing this anymore. I just picked up some blinds and cut the cord very short!!!)
  • decorate 
  • decide how to decorate/paint the curtain that separates the two rooms ( I added this because I forgot to before. I have a big paint cloth hanging between each room as a barrier. I want to either paint on it or decorate it somehow to make it look a little nicer!
Not too bad right!?! I thought I should post our cost every week too! So the current amount we have spent so far is

$138.90
and this is how we have spent it...

  • 27.99 for the 9 cube storage x 2
  • 17.98 for the roll of wallpaper x3
  • 19.99 for the ABC 7x4 play mat
  • 8.99 for the white blinds
I didn't need to spend any money on paint because I made my own colour from  left over paint and I have to say it is a very pretty colour!!!! I am absolutely loving how this is all turning out! I am sure we will decide on shelves and decor soon! I will keep you posted!! 

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment